Sciatica is the radiculitis of lumbar-sacral region with predominate sacral lesions of the spine.
Causes of sciatic nerve pinching.
- One of the most common cause of sciatica is the hernia of intervertebral disk. The hernia of lumbar region of the spine leads to the inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
- Deformation of the intervertebral discs in the case of osteochondrosis: they get thin; they stick out and covered with spinal nodules. Exactly because of these nodules may occur the compression of the nerve roots and in result there is developed the inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylosis – the intervertebral disk displacement relative to each other. The result may also occur the pinching of nerve roots that lead to sciatica.
- Contracting (stenosis) of the spinal canal in the lumbar region of the spine. It usually occurs more often in the elderly (after 60-65 years). As a result the nerve roots are compressed – and it occurs the sciatic nerve pinching.
- In addition to the above causes the following can cause the sciatica: hypothermia, trauma, diabetes, tumor, abscess, pelvic infections and excessive effort on the spine.
Symptoms of sciatic nerve pinching.
The symptoms of sciatica are: (pain is extended along the sciatic nerve in lower back, buttocks, down the back of the thigh and foot calf, heel), so the patient cannot walk, sit, stand, bend and sleep like a normal person. The pain is accompanied by burning, tingling sensations and cooling, pricking and “crawling”. If the severity of the process the symptoms are worsen during the walking or inclinations and are reduced in the horizontal position.
Pinching of the sciatic nerve: treatment.
Inflammation of the sciatic nerve, which treatment in our clinic of Oriental Medicine is performed by mild methods of oriental medicine – acupuncture, acupressure, herbal medicine and others, is removed effectively. Sciatica – the treatment, which requires some patience from the pat